Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1
- Manufacturer: Bells of Steel
- Rack Type: 4-Post Power Rack
- Tube Size: 2.3×2.3
- Hole Size: 5/8″
- Hole Spacing: Westside (1″ ) through bench zone. 2″ above and below.
- Height: 72″ or 84.5″
- Footprint: 62.5″ Deep/49″ Wide (47.25″ on uprights)
- Interior Depth/Width: 39.3″/42.65″
- Weight: N/A
- Numbered Uprights: No
- Color: Black
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1 including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
The Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1
The Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1 is a 4-post flat-foot rack that doesn’t need to be bolted to the ground. The rack is built with 2.3×2.3 inch 11-gauge tubing and it includes several attachments as standard.
This is Bells of Steel’s mid-range power rack. It offers solid specs such as Westside hole spacing, two heights, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The Power Rack 5.1 from Bells of Steel is constructed with 2.3×2.3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. This size tubing is unique to Bells of Steel. While they offer numerous attachments for the rack, compatibility with outside companies is very limited.
- 4-Post Flat-Foot Design – As a 4-post rack, you will save some space compared to a 6-post rack. This rack has a flat-foot design, which means the entire base sits on the floor. It also includes a rear stabilizer which helps limit any unnecessary movement. The biggest benefit of a flat-foot design is that it eliminates any need to bolt the rack down to the floor or a platform.
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 5/8″ hardware, which is a very common hardware size on power racks. The rack will accommodate all of Bells of Steel’s Attachments, but outside compatibility is limited due to the tube sizing (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Hole Spacing – The Power Rack 5.1 offers Westside hole spacing, which is a popular feature on 5/8″ racks. The holes are spaced 1″ apart through the bench zone, allowing for more adjustments on your J-cups and safeties. This can be useful for people who are “in-between” sizes. Above and below the Westside section are holes with standard 2″ spacing between them.
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – Although this is a 4-post rack, it has a fairly large footprint due to the rear stabilizer. The rack has a total length of 62.5″ and a total width of 49″ In terms of the uprights themselves, the dimensions are 44″ deep and 47.2″ wide. This width is generally considered to be beneficial over wider racks (49″) because it gives you more room to cleanly un-rack and re-rack your bar without concern of clipping the uprights with the plates on the bar. The rack can be purchased with a 72″ height or an 84.5″ height. This is great if you have a very low ceiling clearance, but tall users may find both options to be a bit short.
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The interior lifting area measures 39.3″ deep, which is more than enough room to comfortably lift.
- Safety Options – This Power Rack 5.1 comes equipped with safety straps as the standard safety system. This is a great feature since these are usually an additional cost from most companies. Safety straps are easier to set up and they protect barbells much better than pin & pipes that are usually standard on racks. They do sell spotter arms separately if you like to lift off the front of your rack.
- No Color Options – This rack is currently only sold with a black powder coat.
What’s Included in the Box
The Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1 includes several pieces as standard:
- (2) Sandwich J-Cups
- (2) Roller J-Cups
- (4) Band Pegs
- (2) Spotter Straps
- (1) Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar
- (4) 72″ or 84.5″ Uprights
- (2) 39″ Crossmembers
- Flat-Foot Base
- Concrete Anchors*
* Concrete anchors are provided, but not required for this rack since it has a flat-foot design. If you would like to bolt it down, you have that option. If you’re bolting into a platform, I recommend using lag screws that you can find at your local home improvement store.
The Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1 is constructed with 2.3×2.3 steel and 5/8″ hardware, which is compatible with Bells of Steel Attachments.
Some attachments that I think are worthy of consideration include the Lat/Low Row Attachment, the Lever Arms, the Y-Dip Attachment, and the Adjustable Monolift.
The Lat/Low row allows you to perform cable movements off the back of the rack, the lever arms open up a variety of movement possibilities, the Y-Dip gives the option to perform rack-mounted dips, and the adjustable monolift eliminates the walk-out on squats and makes bench press much more efficient.
As for attachment compatibility outside of Bells of Steel, because they use an odd tube size, options are very limited. They do use a standard 5/8″ hole, so any attachment that only uses the hole will work. An example would be a landmine attachment. Any attachment that wraps around an upright, however, will not work without modification. An example would be a J-Cup. Three notable places to look for 5/8″ attachments are Rogue Fitness, Titan Fitness, and Fringe Sport.
What They’re Saying at Bells of Steel
The Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1 receives very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at bellsofsteel.us.
- “It’s great quality. Shipping was quick and there was no damage. The rack has great features: spotting straps, curved base, multiple grips for pull ups and band attachments.”
- “This thing is a beast, it came with everything you’ll ever need and more. It is incredibly stable and well built, a very attractive and highly functional unit for any home gym. It is a must buy!”
- “The light commercial rack is sturdy and easy to put together. Heads up you’ll need a big socket. I like having the multiple pull up grip options and there’s lots of room inside the rack. I like the roller j cups and I know I’ll miss them when I train somewhere else.”
- “WOW just Wow. Sturdy beautiful great hooks and pins, lots of holes for benching etc. At this price point, it’s just a steal. Buy it, you won’t find anything close to that quality for that money. Great power rack.“
- “This is easily the best rack you can buy for the money. I think the 2.3″ steel uprights are a perfect size. 2″ always feels a little flimsy, but 3″ is massive overkill. I haven’t bolted this to my floor yet, but it has been very solid. I love that it comes with safety straps instead of cheap pin safeties, and the number of different accessories they offer gives you everything you need. As a bonus, this comes with sandwich J-Cups AND roller J-cups which is a steal of a deal. You won’t regret this, and if you’re in Canada then that’s a big bonus supporting a local company.”
- “I removed a star because of how the rack arrived. I’ve seen others buy racks online and they come a tad scratched, and I was expecting imperfections. However, my rack came with a lot of deep scratches and a few dents in the pull up bar. That was a bit disappointing, but won’t affect my strength gains at all.”
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the Bells of Steel Power Rack 5.1.