REP OMNI Rack
- Manufacturer: REP Fitness
- Rack Type: 4 or 6-Post Power Rack
- Tube Size: 3×3 11-Gauge Steel
- Hole Size: 1″
- Hole Spacing: 2″
- Height: 93″
- Footprint: 66.5″ Deep/52.5″ Wide (47″ Upright Width)
- Interior Depth/Width: 30″ or 41″/41″
- Weight: Varies
- Numbered Uprights: Yes
- Color: Multiple
- Made In: Import
Read below to get a detailed look at the REP OMNI Rack including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
REP Omni Rack
The REP OMNI Rack is one of REP’s top-tier rack offerings. It’s very similar to the PR-5000v2, but it offers more configuration options. This rack can be purchased with 4 or 6 posts with three different depth options and a 93″ height. The rack is constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel with 1″ holes. See below for more details on this sizing.
This rack is compatible with REP’s 5000 Series attachments as well as some attachments from other companies.
With the OMNI rack, you can create two different styles of half-racks or a full 6-post rack. This is the main difference between it and the PR-5000v2. The OMNI also has one additional depth option, one less height option (no 80″ option), and it has a base that sits flush the floor (more below).
If you’re looking for a more configurable 3×3 rack, the OMNI from REP is a strong contender.
Read more below.
Features & Highlights
- Steel Size – The OMNI Rack from REP is one of their top-of-the-line rack options, sitting next to the PR-5000v2. It’s constructed with 3×3 11-gauge steel and it’s assembled with a bolt-together design. 3×3 steel is becoming increasingly popular for its strength, attachment compatibility, and its overall aesthetic. One thing to keep in mind is that while this rack is advertised as 3×3, it’s actually around 2.95×2.95 since it uses the metric system being an imported rack. This may have an impact on attachment compatibility from American-made companies. More on this in the below attachment section.
- 4 or 6-Post Design – This rack can be purchased in a 4-post or 6-post design. In the 4-post variations, you’re essentially creating half-racks since the base is the same for all options. The 6-post option allows for a dedicated storage section, although plate storage is still possible on the back uprights of the 4-post versions.
- Flat Base/No Bolting Required – One of the biggest benefits of the OMNI Rack is that there is no need for these racks to be bolted to the ground. That’s because the length of the base effectively serves as a stabilizer in every configuration. In this way, you can safely lift off the front of your rack, essentially using it as a half rack in the 4-post variants. On a 4-post PR-5000v2, by comparison, you would either need to bolt to the ground, to a platform, or you would need to purchase the front foot stabilizers. The base includes side holes for band pegs and other attachments. It also includes holes in the bottom of the frame if you do want to bolt the rack to the ground or a platform (again, not required).
- Hole/Hardware Sizing – This rack uses 1″ hardware and 2″ spacing on center, which is also increasing in popularity. 1″ hardware racks tend to get the best, most refined attachments. The rack will accommodate all of REP’s 5000-Series accessories as well as some from other companies (read more in the compatibility section below).
- Exterior Rack Dimensions – The REP OMNI can be purchased in several variations, but all of them have the same overall footprint since they all use the same base. Total depth measures 66.5″ and total width measures 52.5″. It’s important to note, however, that the upright width is only 47″, which is a benefit over some competitor racks that use a 49″ width. This narrower width provides more room for your barbell & plates, which makes for a cleaner walk-out/re-rack.
- Interior Rack Dimensions – The interior lifting area measures 30″ or 41″ deep depending on which rack you select. Either option offers plenty of room to lift comfortably. The 6-post option of the OMNI has a 30″ lifting area and it includes a 16″ depth storage section, which is great for storing plates and other accessories. With the 30″ depth and 41″ depth 4-post rack options, you will have 30.5″ and 19.5″ of clearance off the front of the rack… hence the “half-rack” concept.
- Safety Options – With the OMNI rack, you will have the option to select your safety style. I strongly recommend that if you purchase either the safety straps or the flip-down safeties. Both are easier to use and they protect your barbells much better than the cheaper pin & pipes. They also offer safety spotter arms with UHMW for the front of your rack, which I also really like since some people (like myself) enjoy lifting outside of their racks.
- Laser Cut Hole Numbers – The OMNI rack includes laser cut numbers every other hole, which is a great feature for easy adjustments on J-cups, safeties, etc…
- Multiple Color Options – You can purchase the OMNI in a variety of colors. There are currently 8 color choices to choose from including Black, Clear Coat, Red, Blue, Green, etc… These are colors that also match REP’s high-quality benches, which means you can create a very cohesive look in your space.
What’s Included in the Box
The REP OMNI Rack includes several notable attachments as standard:
- (1) OMNI Base
- (2) J-Cups of Your Choice – I recommend purchasing the sandwich cups over the standard J-cups.
- (2) Safeties of Your Choice – As mentioned above, I strongly recommend the Flip-Down Safeties or the Safety Straps.
- (10) Plate Storage Pins – With the 6-Post option (only 30″ depth), you can add weight storage. You will receive 3 pairs of 12″ weight pins and 2 pairs of 6″ weight pins.
- Laser-Cut REP Logo Plate
- (1) Pull-Up Bar of Your Choice. You can purchase the Skinny Pull-Up Bar, the 2″ Pull-Up Bar, the Multi-Grip Pull-Up Bar, or the Globe Pull-Up Bar.
- (4 or 6) 93″ Uprights with side holes
- (2) 30″ or 41″ Crossmembers with Side Holes
- (2) 16″ Crossmembers if you Choose 6-Posts
The REP OMNI Rack is constructed with “3×3″ steel and 1” hardware, which is compatible with REP’s 5000-Series Attachments.
Some attachments that I think are worthy of consideration include the Lat/Low Row Attachment, the safety straps, the flip-down safeties, the landmine, and the sandwich cups.
The lat/low row attachment is a useful feature to perform cable movements off the back of the rack. Keep in mind this will add 27″ of length to your rack. The safeties are much better than the pin & pipes, the landmine opens up a lot of barbell movements, and the sandwich cups are an improvement over the standard cups.
As for attachment compatibility outside of REP Fitness, notable places to look are Rogue Fitness, Sorinex, Titan Fitness, Fray Fitness, Griffin Fitness, and Fringe Sport. Each of these companies offers attachments that will fit 3×3 and 1″ hardware (Rogue Monster, Various Sorinex, Titan Series, Fray Savage, Griffin GR3, Fringe 3×3). One thing to keep in mind is that imported racks use the metric system vs. the imperial system on USA-made racks (Rogue and Sorinex). This means that hole spacing will be slightly shorter. If you find an attachment that has two pins (or a single pin with a second hitch pin) then it may not fit properly. Single-pin attachments tend to work fine.
Another thing to consider is that Rogue has a 49″ width vs 47″, so any attachment that spans the width of their racks will not fit the REP PR-5000v2 without modification.
What They’re Saying at REP Fitness
The REP OMNI Rack receives very positive, but limited feedback from users. With an average rating of 5/5, here are some of the things people have said at repfitness.com.
- “Finally finished my garage gym setup and can now provide an informed review. The Omni Rack that I ultimately chose was the 6-post option – Matte Black uprights with the Metallic Black cross-members. More specifically, 93-inch height with 30-inch depth. Also purchased a few pairs of 6-inch weight horns and the rounded sandwich J-cups. I really wanted more accessories (landmine, dip attachment, strap safeties, and Lat/Low pull-down) but everything was out of stock unfortunately. The quality of this rack is great. There were no scuffs or shipping issues with any parts. Installation was straight-forward and easy as long as you have a partner. The uprights, cross-members, and corresponding bolt/nut hardware is solid and heavy duty. All of the welds were perfect with no sharp edges and the powder coating was flawless. I really like the flatfoot base and it works well for my setup – I wanted 6-posts to include weight storage and didn’t want to have to deal with any wobble or unsteadiness as a result of not securing into the garage concrete floor.”
- “Kinda stumbled upon this one, when I was trying to get the PR-5000 it was only available with mismatches colors. Omni racked had just been released. But I’m very happy with it. The base is great if you want a rack that won’t ever budge, for me I was planning on mounting a punching bag so I really wanted that extra support. I ended up going with 30” that way I have the option of going with 6 post if I want to later on or stay as is. There’s also holes in the base if you want to mount the base to the ground with hardware if you feel you need it to be even stiffer.”
- “This rack is dope. Super happy with this. I like how this looks better than the pr5000 with front stabilizers. This is a way better look to me. I have 6 post rack. And its clean. This is the best rack they offer in my opinion.”
- None Noted.
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed the OMNI Rack.
The below racks were picked as alternatives to the REP OMNI Rack.