Rogue 6-Shooter Urethane Olympic Grip Plates
- Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
- Plate Type: Urethane Coated Steel Plate
- Steel Type: Cast Iron
- Weight System: LB/Pounds
- Weight Increments: 2.5LB-45LB
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 1%-3%
- Diameter: Varies (162mm-448mm)
- Hole Size: 50.6mm
- Color: Black
- Made in: Import
- Warranty: 5 Years
Read below to get a detailed look at the Rogue 6-Shooter Urethane Olympic Grip Plates including product details, features, real user feedback, and more.
Rogue 6-Shooter Urethane Olympic Grip Plates
Rogue 6-Shooter Urethane Olympic Grip Plates are urethane-coated machined cast iron plates with a hole-patterned design popularized by Ivanko. These plates are accurate, reasonably thin, durable, and very easy to handle. They also receive very good feedback from users.
Rogue also sells an iron version of the 6-shooters.
Read more for details.
Features & Highlights
- Accuracy – These plates from Rogue have a solid weight tolerance for cast iron plates. On plates 25LB-45LB variants, they have a tolerance of +/-1%. On 2.5LB-10LB variants, the tolerance isn’t as high at +/-3%. This is consistent with their iron version.
- Weight Offerings – Rogue 6-Shooter Urethane Olympic Grip Plates can be purchased from 2.5LB up to 45LB and they’re sold in pairs. They’re also available in a 245LB set.
- Width – These plates have a thin profile of 1.5″ on the 45LB plate. Of course, these are going to be thicker than the iron version since it’s coated with urethane, but you can still load over 900LB on the bar. Plate widths are as follows:
- 2.5LB – 0.65″
- 5LB – 0.75″
- 10LB – 1.2″
- 25LB – 1.9″
- 35LB – 1.7″
- 45LB – 1.5″
- Diameter – Unlike bumper plates, iron plates do not offer consistent plate diameters. Most users will at least have a pair of 45LB plates on the bar when deadlifting, so it’s not a big concern, even if it is slightly under the 450mm standard height at 448mm. Plate diameters as follows:
- 2.5LB – 162mm
- 5LB – 195mm
- 10LB – 228mm
- 25LB – 308mm
- 35LB – 376mm
- 45LB – 448mm
- Hole Size – The Rogue 6-Shooter Urethane Olympic Grip Plates have a 50.6mm hole diameter, which will accommodate Olympic-sized bars nicely. They won’t fit as snug as a 50.4mm hole, but they will slide on and off the bar more easily.
- Shooter Style – With six circular cutouts in the plate, carrying/handling them is a breeze. A common complaint of standard iron plates is that they can be difficult to pick up, especially from the flat position. That isn’t the case with shooter-style plates.
- Aesthetics/Finish – These plates from Rogue look great. The urethane provides a sleek look and the contrasting white lettering looks very nice.
- Durability – These are very durable. Urethane in general is a very resilient material and with the cast iron underneath, these should last a very long time, especially in a home gym environment.
What They’re Saying at roguefitness.com
Rogue 6-Shooter Urethane Olympic Grip Plates receive very positive feedback from users. With an average rating of 4.7/5, here are some of the things people have said at roguefitness.com.
- “My wife is very sensitive to noise, so I payed the extra money for these in an attempt to cut down the noise; definitely noticeable from bare steel. The layer of urethane is thick and tough. Overall quality is excellent. Only downside is if you use chalk, it stands out on them (although they do clean very easily).”
- “Aside from noise reduction compared to typical steel plate, the grip feature of these plates made them worth the price. It’s so much easier adding/removing….heck, even my high schooler is more likely to put these back on the plate tree because of this feature. I even notice the difference on the 10 lb plates that don’t have the feature. Love the Rogue revamp of my home gym!”
- “I bought these plates to upgrade my garage home gym from steel to rubber/urethane.
Matches my Rogue Echo bumper plates perfectly! Black with white lettering. So sexy!
Going to buy more 10s and a couple pairs of 5s to complete my set.”
- “These plates are magnificent, and you know the quality as soon as you pull them out of the box. Very precise weight tolerance, and super sleek design make these a superb addition to my home gym. I’m not doing drops (more bodybuilding), so these work perfectly for my needs. Now if I could just get my hands on the change plates!”
- “The quality is superb. Very tight tolerances. Each plate looks identical. They are quiet, 100% odor-free, easy to grab (even the < 25lb plates), and fit the bar well. I’d recommend these to anyone who is looking for high quality plates.”
- “Less than 1 month of use and the inserts are starting to crack. I put these in very slowly and carefully because they are a tight fit on my Ohio Power Bar and make more noise then other plates I’ve used. Now I’m afraid to use then cracked because they might scratch up my bar. “
Garage Gym Lab Review
Garage Gym Lab has not yet reviewed these plates.
The below plates were picked as alternatives to the Rogue 6-Shooter Urethane Olympic Grip Plates.